The Recreation Dept shall encourage and or initiate a public recreation program of leisure time activities including social, physical, cultural, artistic, entertainment and educational opportunists which is appropriate to the various age groups and their capabilities or personal interests of all citizens.
- To promote and provide skills and leadership development programs in the area.
- Maintain the Municipality's awareness of the many recreational opportunities available.
- To assist all sports clubs in promoting their activities and programs.
- Provide a connection to the Depts of Culture, Heritage and Tourism for the Municipality.
- Pursuing ideas on leisure time activities, programs and events.
- To maintain a good working relationship with other Municipality partners, local organizations and fundraising opportunities.
If you are interest in info on programs, events or whats happening in the Recreation Dept, please call the Director at 204-859-2779 or