Development Permits


No development may take place in the Rossburn Municipality unless a Development Permit has been issued by the Development Officer in accordance with the Zoning By-Law. Specifically, issuance of the Development Permit confirms that zoning regulations have been met for a given project, including most types of construction, land use, home based businesses, temporary uses and structures, and signs.


A Development Permit is required prior to the issuance of most Building Permits however, Development and Building Permits are normally applied for at the same time. The Building Permit addresses the structure or building, whereas the Development Permit addresses the use and location of the structure. Examples of the use of a property are – a campground, carwash, residence, or livestock operation; whereas examples of a building or structure are – a house, garage, shed, or building addition. In addition to the Development Permit application you are required to submit a detailed letter of intent explaining the proposed use of the land, building, or structure; a detailed site plan; and application fee of $100.00. Select the below link for the application.

Development Permit Application

Development Permit Application - Priced

The Zoning By-Law establishes certain types of development that do not require a Development Permit. To confirm if a Development Permit is required for your project, please contact the Development Officer directly. Our Development Officer is Willie Brown who can be reached at 204-773-6360 (cell) or email