PAYMENT OF PROPERTY TAXES – WE OFFER A NUMBER OF CONVENIENT PAYMENT OPTIONS
You can pay property taxes online by logging in to your online bank account and adding Rossburn Municipality as a "payee”. Please use your Property Tax Roll Number as your payee account number. You can find your roll number in the top right corner of your Property Tax Bill. Only use the # of digits from your roll required for your account number. Do not include the decimal. You may need to add or drop 0's at the beginning or end. Payments made online are not instant and financial institutions can take 2-4 business days to process. To avoid late payment penalties due to this delay, we recommend you make online tax payments prior to October 31st, as penalties will be applied if the payment is not received by the due date.
Rossburn Municipality is set up to accept online payments from Royal Bank and all Credit Unions.
Pay by Mail
You can pay your property taxes by mail. Post-dated cheques dated October 31st will be accepted. Please make your cheque payable to Rossburn Municipality. Detach and include the payment stub(s) from the bottom of your Property Tax Bill with your payment, as they include the roll numbers that we require to process your payment. Ensure that you allow sufficient days for the postal service to deliver the mail as payment must be received or at the office by the 31st, not the post office date.
Pay in Person
Cash, cheque, and debit card (Interac) are accepted at Rossburn Municipal Office at 43 Main Street N. Unfortunately, credit card payments are not accepted. Cheques may be post-dated to October 31st. If paying by debit card, please ensure your daily limit is sufficient to cover the transaction.
After Hours Deposit Box
A deposit box is available outside the main entrance of the municipal office for receiving payments during non-business hours.
Electronic Fund Transfers
E-Transfer’s are accepted using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. You must insert your roll number in the message/memo section with your e-transfer (your roll number found in the top right-hand corner of your tax statement) to ensure the payment is applied to the correct account.
If the name of the person paying is not the property owner, then please send an additional email to the same address to inform on whose behalf you sent an e-transfer, provide the amount sent, applicable roll number(s) to apply the payment to and a phone contact number.
- When paying by mail it is your responsibility to ensure your payment reaches the Municipal office on or before the due date.
- Taxes payments are due October 31st. Taxes received after this time will be assessed late penalties of 1.25% per month on the first day of each month until paid in full.
- SCHOOL TAXES: The Municipal Council has absolutely no control over school taxes, under provincial legislation the municipality is required to collect and remit school taxes.
- The property owners name and address as it appears on the tax statement is the most recent information made available to the Municipality at the date of tax statement printing. If an ownership change has since occurred, please forward the tax statement to the new owner or return it to the Municipality. Please advise the Municipal Office promptly of any change in your address.
- Failure to receive a tax bill does not excuse an owner from the responsibility for payment of taxes nor does it relieve that owner from liability to penalties for late payment.