Ukrainian Heritage Sites within Rossburn Municipality -
ROSSBURN MUSEUM. Features a replica Ukrainian village, with a model church and thatch-roofed homes and buildings. Display items include Ukrainian artifacts, agricultural tools, a printing press, a pioneer kitchen, a period hairdressing salon and a school room. Located on Cheddar Ave. Phone 204-859-2779 / 2848 / 2429.
ASSUMPTION OF THE VIRGIN MARY UKRAINIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH. A provincial heritage site, the present church was built in 1928 with timber from nearby Riding Mountain, and restored in 1997. The first log church was built in 1905 on donated land which is now a cemetery. Travel north from Rossburn on PR264 and follow the signs. Interior visits by appointment. Call 204-859-2508 / 2240 / 2527.
STS. PETER AND PAUL UKRAINIAN CATHOLIC CHURCH. The original church was built in 1901, but disagreements within the parish led to the construction of a second nearby church in 1904. It remained in use until 1959. Since its restoration in 1978, it has opened annually on its Patron Saint’s Day (July 12) for a public mass and family picnic. From Rossburn, travel north on PR264, then east on PR577, then turn south on the first road past the Rossman Lake Golf Course.