Rossburn Municipality invites applications for the position as follows:
Equipment Operator/Maintenance Labourer – Full Time
Summary: This position uses a variety of large equipment to perform maintenance work on the roads, road and water ways and supports the daily operations of the Municipality. This position performs general and preventative maintenance on equipment and adheres to established municipal policies, procedures, as well as workplace health and safety standards. The type and nature of work to be completed is dependent on the time of year.
· Valid Class 5 Drivers License (drivers abstract will be required)
· Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
· High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); or three years related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Minimum three years operating large equipment within a Public Works Department or related field
· Ability to operate a variety of maintenance equipment safely and efficiently
· Mechanical aptitude with ability to perform routine maintenance
· Knowledge of road construction, maintenance activities and safety procedures
· Physically fit to perform manual labor and ability to lift 50 pounds
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a team environment
· Possess good time management skills with the ability to prioritize workload
· Must be available to work evenings, weekends and statutory holidays as required
· Display strong communication skills for interacting with ratepayers, team members and managers
Heavy Equipment Operator Certification, Safety Certifications and Class 1 or 3 Drivers License would be considered an asset. Wage will be reflective of experience and qualifications. A detailed Job Description is available HERE
Please apply with cover
letter and resume by 5:00 PM on Friday April 28th, 2023.
In person: 43 Main St N
Mail: PO BOX 100, Rossburn Manitoba R0J 1V0
Please call 204-859-2779 with any questions regarding this opportunity.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.