Rossburn encourages water conservation and below are some tips to help you conserve and save some money on your water bills at the same time.
- Consider a low-flush or dual flush toilet, which can save 40% of the water used per flush.
- Use less water in the tub or take shorter showers.
- Install water efficient showerheads.
- When shaving, or brushing your teeth, do not leave the water running.
- Watering lawns/gardens at night decreases evaporation and do only when needed for a short time.
- Install a control nozzle on your garden hose and replace cracked and leaking hoses.
- Collect rainwater in a barrel for your lawn and garden.
- Set the levels on your washing machine to match the clothing amount or wash only full loads of laundry.
- Purchase dishwashers or clothing washers that conserve water use.
- Check every faucet as a slow drip can waste 70 to 90 litres per day – that’s about 30,000 litres per year.
For more information on water conservation, click Canadian Water and Wastewater Association